For Law Enforcement Only
"Police work is the only profession that gives you the test first, then the lesson".
Location of Training:
This is the most unique training course for street cops EVER. It's the only course that teaches cops how to make more arrests and how to make them by their own observation and self-initiation. This course is taught by some of NYPD's most effective street cops!
This dynamic course is taught in a high-energy lecture and 'hands on' format. Students must come to the class ready for action, ready to learn, and ready to get dirty!
The following topics will be covered and much more during this 2-day course!
- Identifying Armed Suspects
- Criminal Profiling: Understanding and Recognizing Criminals and Crimes in Progress
- Recognizing the 99 Indicators of Danger
- Apprehending Robbery Suspects in the Act
- Apprehending Burglary Suspects in the Act
- Apprehending Auto Theft Suspects in the Act
- Identifying and Apprehending Drug Dealers and Drug Couriers
- Debriefing Prisoners to Obtain Information with the 15 Minute Debriefing Method
- Effectively Searching Vehicles to Uncover Guns, Drugs, and other Contraband
- Identifying and Understanding Street Gangs
- Safer and More Effective Field Interviews with The FIELD INTERVIEW Method
- Killed in the Line of Duty: Understanding Cop Killers and the Cops they Killed
- Identifying Al Qaeda Trained Terrorists in the Streets of America
- Safety, Survival, and Staying Alive for Street Cops
- Legally beating criminals in the Streets by knowing the law
- Advanced Plainclothes Tactics for Catching Criminals
Sgt. Lou Savelli (Ret.)
Instructor: Det. Sgt. Lou Savelli, NYPD, retired in 2004 as one of the most decorated officers in NYPD history. He was the Detective Squad Commander of the Terrorism Interdiction Unit (TIU) which was formed on 9/11/01. It's mission: investigate the attacks on the World Trade Center and seek out Al Qaeda sleeper cells operating in the United States. Prior to the TIU, Sgt. Savelli was the Detective Squad Commander of the Gang Division Major Case Squad. This unit was created from the NYPD's first Citywide Anti-Gang Enforcement (CAGE) Unit. The CAGE Unit was created by Sgt. Savelli in 1996 and because of its success, it was recognized as the Most Effective Gang Unit in the United States. Sgt. Savelli was twice awarded Supervisor of the Year out of 20,000 supervisors of all ranks and named one of NYPD's Top 10 Most Effective Leaders. As a Detective, he was a member of the New York Drug Enforcement Task Force where he specialized in money laundering cartels and international drug trafficking organizations such as the Cali Columbian Drug Cartel. In fact, he and his drug unit made the Largest Cash Seizure in World History to date: $20 million dollars. In addition, he is co-founder and current first vice-president of the East Coast Gang Investigators Association.
The course includes ‘hands on’ scenarios. Dress comfortably!
Law Enforcement ID shall be REQUIRED FOR ENTRY to Seminar