||Milford Police Department
|Locatin of Training:
Milford Police Regional Training Center
59 Devonshire Road
Milford, CT 06460
||April 2-4, 2018
Monday, Aprl 2, 2018
7:30AM - 8:00AM
||8:00AM - 4:00PM
||Please use www.mapquest.com or WAZE
The purpose of this instruction is to provide you with advanced knowledge and techniques utilized in crisis negotiations and intervention. It will focus on both legal and civil liabilities, negotiating with the mentally ill, negotiating with kidnappers, identifying high-risk indicators, court room testimony and creating a better understanding of the HCNT/Tact Team.
Based on the information presented in this block of instruction the student will be able to
- Understand the legal and civil liabilities of a crisis situation.
- Understand the challenges for negotiation with the mentally ill.
- Recognize High Risk Indicators.
- Establish a good relationship between Negotiators and Tactical Team.
- Understand the challenges of negotiating with kidnappers.
- Prepare for courtroom testimony by team leaders in case of a civil law suit.
- Understanding the Three Basic Types of Psychological Disorders
- Recognizing mood swings vs disorders
- High Risk Indicators
- Identify what impact of high risk factors can have on a crisis situation
- Correctly identify the various high-risk indicators (factors) known to adversely affect crisis / negotiation situations.
- Correctly identify the proper courses of action a negotiator should take when faced with high-risk indicators (factors) in a crisis situation.
- Joint training between the Negotiators and Tactical Teams
- Answering to one figure-head
- Understanding the role of both HCNT as well as the TACT Team
- Negotiating with kidnappers
- Identifying the different types of kidnapping situations
- Negotiation Team Coordination Issues
- Kidnapping for RANSOM
- Liaison with Family/Company Issues
- Communication with Hostage Taker Issues
- Identify the reasons for using negotiators in kidnapping situations
- Identify the Negotiations Team duties in kidnapping situations
- Identify anticipated kidnapping issues and recommended responses
- Preparing for intense courtroom scrutiny by defense attorneys